Sunday, November 28, 2010

11/18/10: A pair of chunky black women's shoes...

...pair of women's running shoes, pair of black shoes that are shaped like the kind Mr. Rogers used to change into, only without laces - and this pair has pink hippos all over it.

I don't know why, but those hippo shoes made me very happy.  I love the idea of some adult buying them and wearing them because they like them, because the shoes and the hippos make them happy, too.  Anyway, this got me thinking about other things about the Free Bench that delight me.  A friend emailed about the bird cage and asked us to snag it because it might be just the thing to put her daughter's Christmas gift - a bird - in.  Somehow in my mind this transaction is now connected to Mrs. Ferguson (that was her name, not Mrs. Cameron), and perhaps my friend's daughter might love her bird as much as Mrs. Ferguson loved Petey.

Experiences like this also make me wonder about what magical qualities the Bench might have.  Here appeared this bird cage, which someone could use, needed, in fact, for a gift to be fully realized.  So I go to the next step in my mind: could I place an order with the Bench?   Not for something outlandish, like a million dollars, but for something that could actually appear there?  I may do such a thing.  I may go whisper to the Bench tonight and see what comes of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment