Friday, November 12, 2010

10/31/10: A container of salt...

...half bottle of apple cider vinegar, box of whole wheat bread crumbs, small pair of chunky saddle shoes.

The shoes are great.  Kami loves them so much they might not come off of her feet for a few days.  They are a welcome addition to her Halloween costume, which is something like "black and white with big hair."

The food implies a recipe, food purchased for a specific purpose, useless once the item was made.  It makes me think of mock apple pie, made from Ritz crackers.  I always wanted to try that, but was simultaneously afraid of trying it.  It would have seemed wrong somehow if it had actually tasted like an apple pie.  It would have made me think harder about what exactly is in Ritz crackers.  This, of course, says something about me - that I think there are things it is better for me not to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment