Friday, November 12, 2010

10/28/10: A pair of grey sweats...

...a small opened box of C & H Pure Cane Sugar, a pair of flip-flops, a pair of canvas sneakers, an old (circa 1950's if I had to guess) Mr. Vibrator in its original box.

(Not going near that last item.)

The last day I was home sick, I had the energy to putter around the house and bring a few things of ours out to the Bench (all of them are gone today except the flip-flops - an old pair of Kami's which I think came off the Bench a year or more ago).  As I was laying things out, a young woman walking her dog stopped next to me.  "Do you live here?" 

I said, yes, that usually the items on the Bench weren't from us, contrary to what she was seeing at this precise moment.  She said, "I know.  I got a new jacket here last week.  I was trying it on - it was in great shape - and this guy came up and said, 'Hey, I just left that here.  Does it fit?'  It did, and I got to thank him for it.  I come by every other week or so."

I asked her name - Erin - and her dog's name - Leroy.  Her dog was black Labrador-ish: the Platonic ideal of a dog.  I liked how glad she was that she could actually thank the person responsible for her new jacket.

***

Many thanks to all the healing thoughts and well-wishes sent my way.  They worked; I am healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment