Sunday, October 10, 2010

10/01/10: About thirty skirt and trouser hangers...

...many assorted button-down and turtle-neck shirts, black women's pumps, two baskets, a leopard print fleece blanket with sleeves in it.

When I saw this pile of stuff, I decided to hang the shirts up on the hangers because I have this idea that that is more appealing to people.  As I sorted, our neighbor, S----, came over to sit in the sun on the bench with his morning coffee and cigarette.  He lives in the apartments and so doesn't have his own place to sun himself from.  He is a great person, a minister's kid (except he's a grownup now), and works for BARK, our fabulous grassroots organization whose mission is to save Mt. Hood.  Anyway, ----t helped me sort and hang a little, which meant that then there was actually space for him to set himself down with his stimulants.

As soon as I send this, I am traveling three and a half hours northeast to Vashon Island in Washington state to attend a workshop tomorrow.  I am not taking my laptop, so will not be Musing for a couple days.  I am taking my journals, a couple books, and some stationery.  The thought of being able to hang out in my own brain for this length of time is delicious to me.  I am renewed by it already, just out of anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment