Thursday, September 2, 2010

Small British flag, Brita water pitcher

WARNING:  This Musing doesn't even pretend to have anything to do with the items left on the Free Bench (though as I type this, K--- is affixing in my hair the tiniest of hair clips that were in the piano jewelry box).

Fifteen years ago tonight, G---- and I hosted family and a few out-of-town friends in our yard on the eve of our wedding.  My mother-in-law, Anne, showed up at the dinner with buckets and buckets (and buckets) of assorted sunflowers (I believe my sister-in-law, Lauren, was in on it, too).  G---- and I had decided that the day of the wedding, we'd just pop out at some point and get some flowers for the tables.  Needless to say, the day of the wedding was not the sort with large expanses of time in which popping out could occur.  Instead, every table had at its center a cobalt blue vase filled with several sunflowers.

This is one of many stories G---- and I remind each other of each year on our anniversary.  We are but two people, and our two brains aren't always enough to think of every eventuality.  It takes everyone else in our lives to fill in the gaps.  Thank you.  You've helped us get to the fifteen-year mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment