Wednesday, September 8, 2010

9/7/10 - Bits of fabric from those grocery sacks all over then bench from people sorting though them...

...pair of enormously high women's platform sandals.

This summer, I saw a pair of boots at a used clothing shop that I immediately wanted.  They were a supple brown leather that went to my knees, and the soles were at least three-inch platforms made of wood.  They were way cool, not high-heeled, and they fit me (something of a feat with terrificly chunky calves like mine).  Ultimately, however, I did not buy them.  Maybe it's because it has become important to me over the years to be able to move without worrying I'll fall.  I still remember badly twisting my ankle on a tiny little nut while out running.  I even saw it, probably could have avoided it, decided what was a little nut, and put my ankle out of commission for a couple weeks.  No telling what trouble I could get into strapping those boots to my feet.

I'd go stuff the fabric back into its bags, but it is pouring out and I don't want to.

One more note on my blog.  Below is a different address for it.  This is the for-real one.

http://freebench.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment