Tuesday, September 14, 2010

9/13/10 - Three printer cartridges (unpoened) for a Brother brand printer

Today, I rode by another house that had stuff out front.  I'd ridden by over the weekend and they'd been having a garage sale.  This was what was left.  A sign out front read, "Free."  I found myself wanting to go over and see what was there.  I didn't, but the pull was quite noticeable.  Then I realized: I wanted to sort through their free stuff and find something good - and then bring it back to our free bench.  So that people would continue to think of our free bench as a Good Free Bench.  Recognizing this desire in me cracks me up.  Imagine, carting free stuff from one part of town to another part of town just to be given away free there.  I'm not sure what I should call this impulse - something akin to keeping up with the Joneses - but it will definitely go unsatisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment