Sunday, August 29, 2010

A stack of business card-sized cards with blue sky and clouds on them...

...a comforter, top and bottom sheet, and four pillows, three with pillowcases.

Hmm.  This is the sort of thing that will likely end up in our trash. 

But it gives me a great segue.  K---, L----, my mom and I just did a dash of a trip to see my sister, K, in Astoria.  Most of what went into my folks' trunk for the drive over was bedding.  We arrived at K's one-bedroom cottage last night and covered many of the available surfaces with our sleeping bodies.  It was a lovely trip, too short, and I am home now and pretty tired.  Tomorrow starts the last full week of summer vacation before the school year starts again.  Time to do a couple more special things around town, have some down time with my kids, and figure out if any new clothes need to be purchased.  K said about summer in Astoria: "It was a great week-and-a-half of summer, but I'm sorry it's over."  Portland had two weeks of summer, but ditto about being sorry it's over. 

More coherent musings tomorrow.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment